SIFEM does not finance any of the following businesses or activities:
- Forced labor or child labor
- Activities or materials deemed illegal under host country laws or regulations or international conventions and agreements, or subject to international phase-outs or bans, such as:
- Ozone-depleting substances, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) and other specific hazardous pharmaceuticals, pesticides/herbicides or chemicals;
- Wildlife or products regulated under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species or Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES); or
- Unsustainable fishing methods (e.g., blast fishing and drift-net fishing in the marine environment using nets in excess of 2.5 km in length).
- Destruction of High Conservation Value areas
- Radioactive materials and unbonded asbestos fibres.
- Pornography and/or prostitution
- Racist and/or anti-democratic media
- In the event that any of the following products form a substantial part of a project’s primary financed business activities:
a) Alcoholic beverages (except beer and wine);
c) Weapons and munitions; or
d) Gambling, casinos and equivalent enterprises.
- Exclusion List(236kb)